5 Foods Women Should Start Eating To Avoid Ovarian Cancer: Cancer is one of the deadliest diseases that exist. Cancer occurs in four stages, stages 1, 2, 3, and 4. When cancer is still at the first two stages it can be treated but, once it advances to the last two stages, it becomes fatal and the patient’s chances of survival can reduce drastically.
Cancer can be caused by two factors, the first factor is hereditary while the second factor is, a person’s lifestyle habits. It is important to take care of our health by adopting healthy lifestyles. There are many types of cancer, some affect both men and women while some only affect women.
One cancer that affects only women is ovarian cancer. In this article, I will be showing you five foods women should eat to avoid ovarian cancer and 3 foods women should stop eating to prevent ovarian cancer.
5 Foods Women Should Start Eating To Avoid Ovarian Cancer
1. Apple: apple contains antioxidants that help prevent ovarian cancer in women. As a woman, it is very important to eat apples regularly because aside from its cancer-prevention properties it is also good for your health.
2. Shrimp: most times when we buy crayfish, we find pieces of shrimp in the crayfish. Shrimps are very good for women because they help prevent ovarian cancer. Fresh shrimps can be found in places that are close to water like, Port Harcourt
3. Cruciferous Vegetables: vegetables are very good for health but, cruciferous vegetables are particularly good for women who are trying to avoid ovarian cancer because, they are rich in fibre, vitamins and have low calories.
There are many kinds of cruciferous vegetables but the most popular are, cabbage, carrots and some species of onions. You can even prepare salad with cabbage and carrots.
4. Nuts: certain kinds of nuts are very good for the health and can reduce a woman’s chances of developing ovarian cancer. There are so many nuts in the market for you to choose from like, almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts etc.
5. Eggs: eggs have properties that help prevent ovarian cancer however when a woman reaches a certain age is it not advisable for her to eat eggs regularly. Instead, she can eat eggs once a week or consume healthy diets prepared with eggs.
Three Foods Women Should Stop Eating To Avoid Ovarian Cancer
1. Junk Foods: generally speaking, eating too much junk food is unhealthy. Junk foods can increase a woman’s chances of developing ovarian cancer, so women need to reduce the amount she junks they eat or, stop eating junk food completely.
2. Alcohol: alcohol is also bad for your health. It is important to reduce your alcohol consumption as a woman or stop drinking it together to prevent ovarian cancer.
3. Processed Meats: these are meats that have undergone industrial processing. Processed meats include hot dogs, etc.
Hope You Enjoyed Reading The 5 Foods Women Should Start Eating To Avoid Ovarian Cancer?