Get Rid Of Nightmares. How To Stop Having Nightmares As A Teenager. Say Goodbye To Bad Dreams With These 9 Tricks That Work. Nightmare is one of the problems we do face in this life. While a dream is inevitable, a nightmare is mostly witnessed by some people per time.
What is a nightmare?
Any horror or scary dream you have is a nightmare. It usually puts fears into your mind and makes you restless after having it. You may be wondering whether it is possible to stop having nightmares. It might not be completely possible to stop it that you can prevent it. However, before we take a look at how to prevent it, let us take a look at some possible causes of this nightmare.
How To Stop Having Nightmares – prevent bad dreams at night
1. The environment you find yourself in. If you find yourself in a scary environment or an environment filled with different bad occurrences, you might be forced to have nightmares. For instance, if you are in an environment where robbers usually rob tenants, killing them and taking away their properties, the fear that they might visit you might make you experience Nightmare.
2. Traumatic Experience is another cause of bad dreams/nightmares. When you are faced with issues that affect you psychologically, nightmares might set in.
3. Stress. When you are too stressed out, you are vulnerable to nightmares.
4. The media.
The kind of horror news or movies you watch especially at night can make you experience nightmares.
5. Lack of enough sleep is another factor that can cause nightmares.
6. When you are depressed you might have nightmares.
How to prevent nightmares.
1. Avoid watching horror movies especially at night.
The kind of movies you watch at night can determine the kind of dream you would have. For instance, when you watch a vampire movie before going to bed, you become vulnerable to nightmares.
2. Make sure you relax before you sleep.
No matter how busy you have been all through the day before you go to bed, try to have some relaxation. When you relax, it cools your temperature and makes your mind ready for a good sleep.
3. Take a warm shower before you sleep.
As part of how to cool your body temperature before you sleep, when you take your bath at least 1 hour before bedtime, it stimulates your body thermoregulation system.
When this is done, it would increase the production of a sleep hormone known as melatonin. When you sleep with a cool body temperature, you drive away nightmares especially those not connected to spirituality.
4. Avoid the use of gadgets before bedtime.
The use of phones or laptops before you go to bed can result in nightmares. This is because according to research, the blue lights that emit from your gadget affect the production of melatonin which is the hormone meant to give you a sound sleep.
This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t use these gadgets at night. What you need to do is that you need to avoid them for at least 1 hour to your bedtime. For instance, if you plan to sleep by 11 pm, make sure you don’t use these gadgets from 9:30 pm.
Hope You Enjoyed Reading How To Stop Having Nightmares As A Teenager? if You do Pls Share with friends